The first step towards eco-sustainability was taken by Righi in 1920: a small hydroelectric generating station in the company, achieving a high degree of autonomy as energy supply to the plant. Updated, it still operates today.
The Righi family always kept the eco-sustainability as a guideline for the growth of the company.
In the 80ies and 90ies big efforts were targeted to reduce to the minimum the environmental impact of the production cycles and particularly the one of the galvanic processes. The internal environmental management system based on the ISO 14001 normative clearly testifies the strong will of the company to continuously improve its quality. Since 2010, a 50 kw photovoltaic power station is running at full capacity: it was one of first power station into the area.
Many are the activities supporting the local area that are discreetly backed by the Righi family.
The attention to the promotion of the cultural and artistical heritage in the whole Cusio region makes Righi support all the initiatives of the Cusius Cultural Association for our area. The company was recently listed in the “Register of Historical Italian Companies”, on that occasion it promoted and financed the publication of a book about the history and traditions of Armeno, the town where the company is based with its plants.